I routinely get 16 to 18 km/l fuel efficiency on highway drives. With 6 people and their luggage, I would get 14 to 16 km/l.
BHPian carreragt6 recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
I have driven the car for about 9000 kilometres now and here are some of my updates.
- The engine performance is not good by any stretch of the imagination, but it does the job OK in its intended purpose ie as a family carrier. ( This is coming from a guy who loves to drive and had city 1.5 VTEC previously)
- Mileage is pretty good, I routinely get 16 to 18kmpl on highway drives. With 6 people and their luggage (luggage space is an issue), I would get 14 to 16kmpl. Have never gone below 10kmpl in the city (Kochi).
- In manual mode there is no battery regen charging as noted earlier and also the auto stop-start system is disabled. So both together should hurt the economy somewhat.
- The auto stop-start system is way too aggressive to kick in. In many cases, it will switch off the engine even before the vehicle comes to a stop.
- The biggest issue I had with the car was its infotainment system. It’s the smart play pro one. It doesn’t have Arcamys branding on it. It’s by far the buggiest system I have seen.
Some bugs are:
- It will randomly disconnect the audio part of Bluetooth as in I can still take calls but can’t stream music. You need to unpair and re-pair your device to fix it.
- If you take a call using the onscreen button rather than the steering controls it will hang the system 9 out of 10 times.
- Sometimes it will randomly stop connecting to an already paired phone. This happens to iPhones, Android
- Sound stage isn’t exactly great.
The only way out is to use Android Auto which will avoid a lot of the issues. The service centre guys did do an update but it didn’t solve any of the issues. As I haven’t seen any such stories here I am assuming it’s a one-off case in my car. The service centre has promised to replace it under warranty as they could easily replicate the issues. Let’s see how that goes.