- By Air
- By Bus/Boat
- Top-Rated / Highly Recommended Accommodations in Davao City
- Recommended Budget Accommodations in Davao City
About Davao City
Tagged as the Philippine’s melting pot of diverse cultures, Davao City is a safe haven in Mindanao for those who want to experience modern city life and commune with nature’s offerings. With its contemporary malls and establishments, nearby world-class beaches and explorable caves, great restos and foods, superb adventures and lovely people, Davao City is definitely the place to be.
Eden Nature Park
It is home to the Philippine Orchid (waling-waling), the exotic Durian, the country’s highest mountain – Mt. Apo and the Philippine Eagle. You can also visit the Crocodile Park, feel the rapids of Davao River with the White Water rafting Adventure, and defy your fear of height in Davao’s latest attraction – the Zipline (Zip for Life).
Davao, the Premier City of The South, the City in Bloom, the Royal City. Experience it and find your own words that best describe how great this place is.
How to Get to Davao City
Davao City is accessible via air or land/water travel from major cities in the country and the South East Asia.
Philippine Airlines, Air Asia Philippines and Cebu Pacific fly to Davao from Manila, Clark, Cebu, Bacolod, Iloilo, Zamboanga, Cagayan de Oro, Dumaguete, Tacloban, Tagbilaran, Caticlan, Puerto Princesa and Siargao. Meanwhile, Silk Air and Cebu Pacific connect the city to Singapore while Air Asia links it to Kuala Lumpur.
By bus, Philtranco and PP Bus Lines have daily trips from Pasay or Cubao to Davao for an approximately 48 hours travel time. There are also regular bus and van trips from Cagayan de Oro, Butuan, Mati, Surigao, Tagum, Surigao City, Mangagoy, Davao, tang and various cities and towns in Mindanao.
By ferry, the Port of Davao links the city to other ports of call in the Philippines and South East Asia.
Zip for life in Camp Sabros
Where to Stay in Davao City
As one of the country’s premier city, Davao offers a lot of accommodation for all segments of traveling market, from budget inns and lodges to high-end hotels and resorts.
Top-Rated / Highly Recommended Accommodations in Davao City
Marco Polo Davao HotelPoblacion, Davao CityStarts at 3,500 PHP
Seda Abreeza DavaoPoblacion, Davao CityStarts at 3,000 PHP
Recommended Budget Accommodations in Davao City
Tinhat Boutique Hotel and RestaurantPoblacion, Davao CityStarts at 1,000 PHP
First Pacific Inn DavaoPoblacion, Davao CityStarts at 800 PHP
Go scuba diving in Samal
What to Do in Davao City
You will never run out of activities in Davao, here are some:
- White Water Rafting in Davao River. Contact No: +63.082.301.2020 and +63.082.305.0099 (PhP 1,700/person)
- Transportation (From Crocodile Park to Rafting Area and back)
- Free entrance at Crocodile park
- Packed Lunch & Bottled Water
- Use of Gears & Equipment
- Guide Fee
- Souvenir Shirt
- Photo CD
- Bonus ticket to Zip City, Butterfly House & Tribu K’mindanawan
- Zipping (Zip for Life) – the longest zipline in the country in Camp Sabros. Contact No: +639208750015.
- Round Trip Cable Lift: P150/person
- Tandem Zipline Ride 380 meters + Round Trip Cable Lift: P200/person
- Tandem Zipline Ride (380 meters + 520 meters) + Round Trip Cable Lift: P400
- All Zip (380 meters + 520 meters + 800 meters) + Horse Back Riding: P500
- All Rides (380 meters + 520 meters + 800 meters) + Round Trip Cable Lift + Horse Back Riding: P600 +
- Taste Durian and Mangorind
- Take a walk in Pryce Business Park at Bajada
- Dine in Jack’s Ridge ‘s restaurants row overlooking the entire city
- Visit the Philippine Eagle Camp, Crocodile Park, People’s Park and Malagos Garden Resort
- Spend a day in Eden Nature Park – tour the area, try the skyrider (their own version of zipline), avail of their buffet lunch, taste their great salads, sun dried tomato dressing and other foods
- Queue and crave for great tasting barbecues while waiting to be served at Penong’s
- Taste the famous Foping’s Halo-Halo at Matina
- Experience Davao Coffee in Bluegre Cafe
- Shopping in modern malls and bargain hunting in the city markets
- Climb Mount Apo or Mount Talomo
- Beach Hopping, scuba diving, free diving or snorkeling in Samal
- Spelunking in the caves of Samal and nearby province of Davao del Norte
- See the waterfalls of Compostela Valley and Davao Provinces
Go beyond the city, explore the waterfalls of Compostela Valley such as Awao Falls of Monkayo
Davao – Samal 3D/2N Itinerary
Day 1:– Arrival in Davao / Transfer to Samal– Island and Beach Hopping: Isla Reta, Babu Santa Beach, Kaputian Beach or Pearl Farm Beach Resort– Proceed to Davao City
– Dinner at Jack’s Ridge
Day 2:– White water rafting– Davao Crocodile Park
– Dinner at Penong’s
Day 3– Day tour in Eden Nature Park
– Depart Davao