- By Air
- By Bus
- By Train
- Top-Rated / Highly Recommended Accommodations in Legazpi City
- Top-Rated Budget Accommodations in Legazpi City
- List of Hotels/Inns/Lodges in Legazpi City
About Legazpi City
A progressive city by the bay with the Philippines’ most active volcano and the world’s most perfect cone on the backdrop is Legazpi City.
The capital of the Province of Albay and regional hub for Bicol Region, Legazpi City beckons everyone with its beautiful scenery, natural wonders, delectable cuisines and delicacy, and lovely people.
Our Lady of Gate Church of Daraga
More than its unparalleled attractions, Legazpi City also serves as gateway to the province and the region’s amazing destinations. Trek the trails of Mount Mayon; dip in the hot springs of Tiwi; rekindle the volcano’s tragic past at Cagsawa Ruins; experience adventure and the best view of the city at Lignon Hill; enjoy the sun, sea and sand of Misibis Bay; discover the unspoiled white sand beaches of Cagraray, San Miguel and Rapu Rapu; be amazed with the black sandy beaches of Bacacay; visit the province’s ancient churches and heritage buildings; enjoy the cold water of its countless waterfalls; or explore its hidden caves.
If these do not excite you, swim with the whale sharks of Donsol, see the virgin beaches and hidden treasures of Sorsogon, dive in Manta Bowl of Masbate, go wake-boarding in Naga, be mesmerized with the seascape of Caramoan Peninsula, surf in Catanduanes and Daet, or fall in love with Calaguas.
Truly, Bicol is the land of beauty and wonders, and in the middle of it all is Legazpi City, your gateway to Bicolandia!
Cagsawa Ruins in Daraga
How to Get to Legazpi City
Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific have regular flights from Manila and Cebu to Legazpi City.
Several bus lines connect Metro Manila to Legazpi City including Philtranco, Superlines, DLTB, Cagsawa Tours, Amihan, Isarog Line, St. Jude Transit and Goldline Tours. Fare starts at P800 and travel time is approximately 9 to 10 hours. You can book your bus from Manila to Legazpi City or vice versa below:
Philippine National Railways’ used to service Albay Province with their Bicol Express. The end terminal was in Legazpi City until the service stopped in 2006 after the line incurred damages due to typhoons. In 2011, the PNR Bicol express resumed its Bicol Express service albeit only up to Naga City, Camarines Sur. Currently, PNR service to Bicol is not operational.
Sili Ice Cream of First Colonial Grill!
Where to Stay in Legazpi City
From backpackers hostel , lodges and inns to fancy hotels, various accommodations for different market segments are available in Legazpi City.
Top-Rated / Highly Recommended Accommodations in Legazpi City
Embarcadero HotelEmbarcadero de Legazpi, Legazpi
Hotel St. EllisRizal Street, Legazpi
Casa Roces Bed & BreakfastOld Albay, Legazpi
The Oriental Hotel LegazpiOld Albay, Legazpi
Top-Rated Budget Accommodations in Legazpi City
Mayon Backpackers HotelOld Albay, Legazpi
Legazpi Tourist InnOld Albay, Legazpio
List of Hotels/Inns/Lodges in Legazpi City
- Alicia HotelCapt. F. Aquende Drive, Legazpi City, PhilippinesTelephone: 481-0801 / 481-4808 / 820-4412Fax: (052) 481-4444Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arimbay Shell InnArimbay,Legazpi City
Tel: +63 (52) 820 6283, +63 (52) 820 0558
- Carlo’s Hometel Bed and BreakfastRawis, Legazpi City
Tel: +63 (52) 482 0738
- Casablanca Hotel185 Peñaranda St., Legazpi City, Philippines, 4500Tel No: +6352 480-8334 to 35; 820-1428; 821-6684Fax No: +6352 480-8338Website: http://www.casablancahotel.ph
- Dreams Inn and CaféF. Imperial St., Legazpi City
Tel: +63 (52) 820 0885
- Hotel VeneziaTelephone: (63 52) 481-0877, 481-0888 and 820-0888Telefax: (63 52) 820-4790 and 820-5824
- Hotel Villa Angelina32 Rosario St., Old Albay District, Legazpi CityTelephone: (052)480-6345
- Ibalong Traveler’s HostelBDB Bank Bldg, 210 J.P Rizal St, Legazpi City
Tel: +63 (52) 820 3333
- Jennifer’s Kababayan HotelJ. Estevez St., Albay Dist., Legazpi CityTel: +63 (52) 245 5172, +63 (52) 480 1086, +63 (52) 245 5172Fax: +63 (52) 820 4467
- Legazpi PensionRawis, Legazpi City
Tel: +63 (52) 231 33 c/o Casablanca Hotel
- Legazpi Tourist Inn3rd Floor, V&O Bdg, Quezon Ave cor. Lapu-lapu Street Legazpi City, Philippines 4500Telephone: (+6352) 820-4880Telefax: (+6352) 480-6147
- Lita’s Lodging House
Albay District, Legazpi City
- Magayon HotelPeñaranda St., Legazpi City
Tel : +63 (52) 214 3121/ +63 (52) 214 3919
- Mayon View ApartelleTel. no. (052) 482-0463,Mobile: 0920-932-9581
- Neuhaus Tourist InnMagayon Dr., Daraga, Albay
Tel; +63 (52) 820 0453
- Pepperland HotelAirport Road, Legazpi CityTelephone: (52) 481-8000 Fax: 481-8004
- Rawis Pension HouseRawis, Legazpi City
Tel: +63 (52) 820 1702
- Sampaguita Tourist InnRizal St., Legazpi City
Tel : +63 (52) 480 6258
- Tanchuling HotelImperial Subdivision, Legazpi City
+63 (52) 480 6003, +63 (52) 227-88
- Vista Al Mayon PensionneWashington Drive, Legazpi City, Philippines 4500Telephone: (+6352) 820-5814,Mobile: (+6352) 481-0308
- Xandra Lodging HousePeñaranda St., Legazpi City
Tel: +63 (52) 820 4808
Quitinday Hills of Camalig
Mayon Volcano as seen from the last barangay of Legazpi City
Things to do in Legaspi City
- See Mayon Volcano up close (or trek the volcano and drop by to Mayon Resthouse Observatory).
- Experience adventure at Lignon Hill. Trek up, try zipline, see the unobstructed view of the surrounding and check out the observatory.
- Hang out Embarcadero, Legazpi City’s newest commercial and entertainment hub.
- Climb up the Kapuntukan Hill for the panoramic view of Albay Gulf, Mayon Volcano and the surroundings.
- Explore the Japanese Tunnel at the foot of Lignon Hill.
- Feast with spicy Bicolano cuisines. Try laing, pinangat, ginataang langka or bicol express.
- Join the fun of Magayon and Ibalong Festivals
- Visit Magayon Art Gallery and Legazpi City Museum
- Stroll in Bicol Heritage Park and Albay Park and Wildlife
- See the Liberty Bell in front of Provincial Capitol
- Drop by to the nearby town of Daraga to see the Cagsawa Ruins and the century old Our Lady of Gate Church
- Dip in the hot springs of Tiwi
- Try caving in Hoyop-Hoyopan Cave of Camalig
- Dive and snorkel in Albay’s unspoiled dive sites
- Discover the white sandy virgin beaches of Bacacay, San Miguel and Rapu-Rapu
- Experience the luxurious Misibis Bay Resort
- Trek to Quitinday Hills of Camalig
- Explore Jovellar Underground River and Quitinday Falls
- Explore more of Bicol wonders in Sorsogon, Camarines Sur, Camarines Norte, Catanduanes and Masbate