Atole de Avena is a creamy Mexican oatmeal drink. This extra cozy sipper will keep you warm when nights are cold.
Authentic Atole de Avena
Atole de Avena is a creamy oatmeal drink that’s so yummy.
When we were growing up, we had this comforting drink on many mornings. Other times, it was our afternoon snack.
It’s similar to the thicker and more well-known version known as avena. Both are equally delicious and satisfying. And each makes a perfect start to your day.
Remember this easy recipe next time you’re fighting the fall or winter weather.
Ingredients for Atole de Avena
Visit Mama Maggies Kitchen for a complete printable recipe with amounts for each ingredient and Cook Tips for my Atole de Avena.
- cinnamon stick
How to make Atole de Avena
- Boil the water with the cinnamon stick for 5 minutes.
- Blend the oatmeal with all of the milk.
- Add the oatmeal milk to the pot with the cinnamon stick.
- Add the rest of the milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir constantly so it won’t stick.
- Be sure to remove the cinnamon stick before serving.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy!
Atole de Avena