GSN Alert: The Lake House on Canandaigua Wine, Beer & Spirits Series
The Lake House
Canandaigua, NY (Oct. 31, 2022) – Winter at The Lake House on Canandaigua will be one for the senses, from picturesque lake views to cuisine and cocktails that will take taste buds on a world tour. The award-winning resort known for its dynamic culinary program has announced a Wine, Beer & Spirits Series, and interactive cocktail classes that will showcase the talents of Executive Chef Steve Eakins and his inventive team.
“The series of pairings will take place in Rose Tavern and Sand Bar and are designed to connect diners with the most renowned wine countries, local breweries, and world class distilleries. Each beverage will be expertly paired with a chef-inspired dish,” said Executive Chef Steve Eakins.
In The Library, Mixology and Wine Education 101 are designed to elevate the participant’s beverage game and arm curious cocktail novices with the tips and tricks of the trade. A taste of what’s to come:
Wine, Beer & Spirits Series at Rose Tavern
Rose Tavern pairings will commence at 6 p.m. for a five-course dining experience and can accommodate up to 50 guests.
- Taste of Italy, Nov. 16, 2022: Diners will tour of one of the most popular wine producers in Northern Italy, Alfredo Buglioni. The experience will feature Vigliacco Brut Rose, Musa Rebbiano Di Lugana, and Classic Ripasso Bugiardo. Tickets are $200 per person and can be purchased here.
- Taste of California, Dec. 14, 2022: Explore the flavors of Napa Valley by The Mondavi Family, featuring the best wines on the West Coast. Pairings will include Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and Oakville. Tickets are $200 per person.
- Taste of France, Jan. 18, 2023: Indulge in wines from the Rothschild family vineyard that sits at one of the highest points of France’s Bordeaux region. Tickets are $200 per person.
- Young Lion Beer Pairing Dinner, Feb. 23, 2023: Taste the flavors of New York State at this collaborative beer pairing with local brewery Young Lion. The woman owned and managed operation is one of the largest microbreweries in New York State. Tickets are $150 per person.
- Taste of Rioja, March 15, 2023: Join Rose Tavern for a tour of one of the most popular wine producers throughout the Rioja, Spain region, home to more vines than any other country on earth. Tickets are $200 per person.
Wine, Beer & Spirits Series at Sand Bar
Sand Bar pairings begin at 6 p.m. for a four-course experience and can accommodate up to 40 guests. Tickets are $150 per person.
- Frequentem Brewing Co., Dec. 8, 2022: A favorite local brewery located on Main Street in Canandaigua, Frequentem Brewing Co. is focused on producing quality beer while exploring modern and traditional styles. The pairing menu will explore Stout, Rice Lager, Czech Dark Lager and Sour IPA. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Casa Noble, Jan. 5, 2023: This spirit-based pairing will feature Casa Noble Tequila, one of the first premium tequila brands to impact the market. Discover the distinct tastes of Casa Noble Blanco, Reposado and Anejo.
Library Bar Cocktail Classes
These interactive classes are fun and educational, led by the resort’s assistant food and beverage director Michael Lischak and sommelier Ben Pesche. Classes begin at 5:30 p.m. and accommodate 20 participants. Tickets are $65 per person and include small bites prepared by Chef Eakins.
- Mixology 101, Jan. 24, 2023: Learn the basic skills of bartending and the art of craft cocktails.
- Wine University 101, Jan. 25, 2023: Explore the fundamentals of wine making, production and proper steps of wine service.
- Exploring Wine Regions: Bordeaux, France, Feb. 27, 2023: Sommelier Ben Pesche will take guests through one of his favorite wine regions.
- Taste of Classics, Feb. 28, 2023: Discover the history behind classic cocktails.
- Exploring Wine Regions: Rioja, Spain, March 28, 2023: Sommelier Ben Pesce introduces the flavors of the largest wine region.
- The History of New Orleans’ Cocktail Scene, March 29, 2023: Explore the history of one of the world’s most famous cocktail meccas.
The full series list with menu and ticket details can be viewed here.
About The Lake House on Canandaigua
Designed by Post Company (formerly known as Studio Tack) in collaboration with design collective and The Brooklyn Home Company, The Lake House on Canandaigua welcomes all generations to the Finger Lakes region, invigorating year-round interest in Canandaigua Lake and its community. As a family owned and operated hotel with world-class design, locally inspired dining and premier event spaces, the hotel is the ideal destination for family gatherings and important events. With 124 guest rooms and suites, there is a timber frame event barn, a pool and year-round hot tub, the Willowbrook Spa and a boardwalk perfect for admiring the panoramic views of Canandaigua Lake. Upon the hotel’s opening in late 2020, The Lake House on Canandaigua has won multiple prestigious travel awards including the No. 1 Resort Hotel in New York State in Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards, Travel + Leisure’s It List 2021 and Condé Nast Traveler’s Hot List 2021, both editors’ choice awards acknowledging the best new hotels and resorts opened within the past year. The Lake House is also a TripAdvisor 2021 Travelers’ Choice Award winner, ranking in the top ten percent of hotels worldwide.
For more information, visit: lakehousecanandaigua.com.