- Honey-glazed chicken and beetroot salad tips
- Honey-glazed chicken recipe
- Did you make this recipe?
- Like this recipe?
Salads are a great way to enjoy healthy foods in the tastiest way. Done are the days of bland green salad and in comes the delicious fried salad you’ve been dreaming of. Not everybody likes beetroot, but ours is fried with some sweet honey. This honey-glazed chicken, mushroom and beetroot salad is colourful, nutritious, tasty and perfect for lunch or dinner. You might already have the ingredients in your kitchen, making it even better to prepare.
Honey-glazed chicken and beetroot salad tips
The honey helps sweeten the beetroot and if fried enough, gives it a sticky, luxurious texture. The rest of the fried mushrooms and leaves add texture to each bite with lots of healthy vitamins and minerals. The chicken, of course, adds a good amount of protein which is important to have when you’re busy all day. If you want less sweetness, you can leave out the honey and you can cook with some olive oil instead of butter.
If you need a healthy, delicious lunch or dinner meal, try our Honey-glazed chicken, mushroom and beetroot salad. It’s crunchy, healthy goodness.
Honey-glazed chicken recipe
0 from 0 votes Recipe by Msi Muzi Mathebula Course: MainCuisine: GlobalDifficulty: Easy Servings
100 sliced beetroot
100 g rocket leaves
100 g salad leaves
150 g chicken breast
80 g feta cheese
80 g mixed seeds
30 ml basil pesto dressing
80 g sliced mushrooms
80 g sliced baby marrow
60 ml honey
80 g butter
salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan heat 20g butter make it hot. Add beetroot fry for 2mins add honey fry for another 2mins, let it cool for few minutes.
- In the same pan add 20g butter fry mushrooms add salt and pepper, fry until the water is out to the mushrooms after done fry let the mushrooms cool down.
- In the same pan add other 20g of butter fry baby marrow add salt and pepper fry till golden brown. When golden brown, let it cool down for few minutes.
- Slice the chicken breast into strips. Heat pan add 20g of butter add the chicken, add salt and pepper fry till golden brown after frying the chicken let it cool down.
- Wash the leafs add them in a salad bowl, add the beetroot, mushrooms, baby marrow, chicken strips, feta cheese, basil pesto dressing, and mixed seeds and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @the.south.african on Instagram and hashtag it #recipes
Like this recipe?
Follow us @thesouthafrican on Pinterest
Looking for more tasty recipes to prepare for your family and friends? Just have a look at our recipe page, we have excellent suggestions for you to try.
If you would like to submit a recipe for publication, please complete our recipe form here.