- By Plane
- From Manila
- By Fast Craft or Ferry
- From Cebu
- From Larena, Siquijor
- From Nasipit, Cagayan de Oro, Camiguin and Dumaguete via Jagna
- Top-Rated Budget Accommodations in Anda
- Top-Rated / High Recommended Accommodations in Anda
- List of accommodations in Anda:
So you have been to the province of Bohol, you have basked in the white sand beaches and dived the vivid underwater world of Panglao and Cabilao, awed with the panoramic beauty of the Chocolate Hills, visited the centuries-old churches, feasted on the sumptuous foods on a river cruise, or seen the iconic Tarsiers. Indeed, you have been to Bohol!
But if you have done all of the above and you think you have seen all of the province, then think again. Unbeknownst to many, there’s more in Bohol than the usual itinerary, more nature’s wonders and surprises await for those who seek beyond Tagbilaran, Panglao, Cabilao, Loboc, Baclayon or Carmen.
Among the province’s fast emerging hot spot is Anda, situated in the eastern coast of the island, roughly 110 kilometer or three-hour ride from Tagbilaran City. With its manifold of attractions, Anda is definitely divine! Fine white sand beaches, rich marine life, enchanting cave and cave pools, hidden waterfalls, and more! Anda is definitely divine!
Sand ripples in Quinale Beach
Anda’s main attraction is just a stone-throw away from the town proper – Quinale Beach, hailed by many as among the best beaches in Bohol. It is a three-kilometer long fine white sand beach with beautiful turquoise water and breathtaking view of sunrise. Scattered also along the town’s shoreline are other beaches and coves such as Talisay Beach, Bituon Beach, Cambilagan Beach, Bugnaw Beach and Arthoghin Beach.
Aside from its beaches, Anda is also popular for its deep blue cave pools. There are at least six cave pools hidden in town which include Combento, Cateres, Kaligoon, Tiburako, East Coast and Cabagnow, the biggest and most beautiful according to many.
Sunrise in Quinale Beach
The possibilities are endless in Anda as there are more to see and do here than the beaches and cave pools. Be it just watching the magnificent sunrise or just lazing on its fine white sand, simple yet priceless pleasures that will make you fall in love with the place. Without a doubt, Anda is divine… Anda is definitely divine!’
The deep blue Cabagnow Cave Pool
How to Get to Anda
Catch a plane to Tagbilaran City, the capital of Bohol. Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific and Air Asia have daily flights from Manila to Tagbilaran via their new airport in Panglao. From Panglao Airport, flag a tricycle a taxi or mini-bus to take you to Dao Terminal then catch a bus (P100) or van (P120) to Anda at Dao Terminal, travel time is two to three hours.
By Fast Craft or Ferry
Supercat and Ocean Jet Fast Craft have multiple departures daily from Cebu City to Tagbilaran City, travel time is around two hours. Meanwhile, Cokaliong, Lite Shipping, Trans-Asia Shipping and F.J. Palacio Lines also have regular ferry or RoRo departures with varying frequencies daily or weekly, travel time for slow ferry takes four hours. From Tagbilaran Port, flag a tricycle to take you to Dao Terminal and catch a bus (P100) or van (P120) to Anda at Dao Terminal, travel time is two to three hours. You can book your ferry ticket from Cebu to Bohol below.
From Larena, Siquijor
Lite Shippine Corporation has multiple departures weekly from Larena, Siquijor to Tagbilaran City, travel time takes at least four hours. From Tagbilaran Port, flag a tricycle to take you to Dao Terminal and catch a bus (P100) or van (P120) to Anda at Dao Terminal, travel time is two to three hours. You can book your ferry ticket from Siquijor to Bohol below.
From Nasipit, Cagayan de Oro, Camiguin and Dumaguete via Jagna
Ocean Jet has daily fast craft from Dumaguete City and Cagayan de Oro City (via Camiguin) to Jagna, three towns away from Anda, travel time from Cagayan de Oro is three hours, and two hours from Camiguin or Dumaguete. Trans-Asia Shipping Lines have mulltiple departures weekly from Cagayan de Oro City for nine-hour journey while Cokaliong Shipping Lines serves Nasipit to Jagna route once a week for a travel time of five hours. From Jagna, catch a bus or van going to Anda, travel time is one hour. You can book your ferry ticket from Nasipit, Cagayan de Oro, Camiguin and Dumaguete to Bohol below.
Fine white sand of Quinale Beach
Going Around and Away
Tricycle and habal-habal (motorbike) are the primary mode of transport around Anda and to Guindulman, minimum fare is P8/pax. Transportation going to Tagbilaran City is limited, the usual route is to take a tricycle to Guindulman (P30/pax). At the main highway in Guindulman you may take a van or bus to Tabilaran City, or other towns in the east coast such as Jagna, Dimiao, Garcia Hernandez, Valencia, Lila or Loay. Vans and buses going to Candijay (Can-Umantad Falls) and Ubay also pass by Guindulman.
You can take a flight from Panglao Airport to Manila or a ferry from Tagbilaran, Jagna or Tubigon to Cebu, Nasipit, Cagayan de Oro and Dumaguete. You can book your ferry ticket from anywhere in Bohol to Nasipit, Cagayan de Oro, Camiguin and Dumaguete below.
You need a ladder to get out of Cabagnow Cave Pool
Where to Stay in Anda
There are plenty of accommodation to choose from, from high-end beach front resorts to interior hotels, guest houses and even home stays.
For groups, R & S Seaside Unit is a good choice, just few steps away from Quinale Beach. An air-condition room that can fit six (or even up to eight) people is only at P1,900 overnight. It has a balcony and glass window fronting the beach, toilet and bath, kitchen with sink area, refrigerator and microwave.
A room in R&S Seaside Unit at P1800/night good for up to eight guests.
Top-Rated Budget Accommodations in Anda
R&S Seaside UnitPoblacion, Anda, Bohol
Anda de BoracayPoblacion, Anda, Bohol
Top-Rated / High Recommended Accommodations in Anda
Anda Cove Beach RetreatCandabong, Anda, Bohol
Amun-Ini Beach Resort & SpaCandabong, Anda, Bohol
List of accommodations in Anda:
R & S Seaside UnitSawang, Poblacion, Anda, BoholContact Nos: +639488496971Budget: P1,500 to P2,000 per room per night
Amun-ini Beach Resort & SpaBasdako Beach, Candabong, AndaContact Nos: +63-38-5106230 / +639177965412Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBudget: Starts at P9,000 per room per night
Anda Cove Beach RetreatBanilad Candabong, Anda, BohoContact Nos: +6399543 5179Budget: Starts at P2,500 per room per night (aircon, good for two, with breakfast)
Anda de BoracaySawang, Poblacion, Anda, BoholContact Nos: +639153985923 / +639085410788 / +639159325575 / +639199554626Email: email@example.comBudget: P1,500 to P4,000 per room per night
Anda Global Beach ResortPoblacion, AndaContact Nos: +639106412775 / +639219525348Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Budget: Starts at P700 per room per night (fan room, good for two)
Anda LodgePoblacion, Anda, BoholContact No: +639994808055
Budget: Starts at P500 per room per night (fan room, good for two)
Anda White Beach ResortBacong, Anda, BoholContact No: +639177000507Email: email@example.comBudget: Starts at P4,000 per room per night
Blue Star Dive and ResortIpo Candabong, Anda, BoholContact No: +639479465386Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBudget: P3,500 to P4,500 per room per night
Casa AmihanVirgen, Anda, BoholContact No: +639175307959Budget: Starts at P3,300 per room per night (aircon, good for two)
Coastal Paradise Beach ResortVirgen, AndaContact No: +639295821233
Budget: Starts at P800 per room per night (fan room, good for two)
Dapdap Beach ResortCandabong, Anda, BoholPhone: +63-38-5282011 / +639218332315
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
East Coast White Sand ResortCandabong, Anda, BoholContact No: +639287628730Email: email@example.comBudget: P3,000 to P6,500 per room per night
Flower Beach ResortVirgen, Anda, BoholContact No: +639185796166Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBudget: P3,200 to P4,200 per room per night (aircon, good for two, with breakfast)
Island View Beachfront Resort (Formerly Vitamin Sea)Bacong, Anda, BoholContact No: +639183097022Email: email@example.comBudget: Starts at P3,000 per room per night
JA Travellers InnPoblacion, Anda, BoholContact No: +639078672999/ +639192443250
Budget: Starts at P800 per room per night (fan room, good for three)
J&R ResidenceAnda, BoholContact No: +639088215481
Budget: P3,500 to P4,000 per room per night
Kim’s GardenSan Isidro, Candabong, Anda BoholContact No: +639194898604Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgBudget: P1,500 per cottage per night (aircon, good for two)
La Petra Beach ResortBacong, Anda, BoholContact No: +63-38-5101270 / +639175157560 / +639985496439 / +639293610497Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.orgBudget: P1,875 to P4,500 per room per night (with breakfast)
Little Miami Beach ResortPoblacion, Anda, BoholContact No: +639156307739
Budget: Starts at P1,000 per room per night
Magic Oceans Dive ResortCandabong, Anda, BoholContact Nos: +639283991835Email: email@example.comBudget: P4,500 – P6,000 per room per night
Old Castle Bed and BreakfastPoblacion, Anda, BoholContact Nos: +639202798227
There are at least five more cave pools in Anda aside from Cabagnow
Where to Eat in Anda
Dining is not a problem, there are plenty of restaurants along Quinale Beach and in Poblacion to choose from – R&S Resto Bar, On The Road Restaurant Bar, Coco Loco and Anda Beach Bar among others. For those in budget, there are also plenty of eateries in tow, particularly in Food Center near the public market which is also walking distance from Quinale Beach. There’s a stall there selling Halo-Halo, I believe it’s the best in town.
Things to Do in Anda
- Beach hopping in Quinale Beach, Talisay Beach, Bituon Beach, Cambilagan Beach, Bugnaw Beach and Arthoghin Beach.
- Swim in Combento, Cateres, Kaligoon, Tiburako, East Coast and Cabagnow Cave Pools
- Check out the town’s different caves: Banilad Cave, Balwarte Cave, Lamanoc Cave, Lundag Cave, Sudlonon Cave and Ca Genaro Cave
- Visit Anda Falls, Lagoon, Lamanoc Island and the Marine Sanctuary
- Go snorkeling, free diving or scuba diving.
- There are at least nine dive sites in Anda and Guindulman including Titanic Rocks, Neptune’s House, Bacong, Virgen East and West, Dapdap, Paradise Garden, Snapper’s Cave, Coco White and Wonderwall. Some of the dive shops are Blue Star Dive and Resort, Amun-ini Beach Resort and Spa, Magic Oceans Dive Resort, Sunset Dive Resort, Flower Beach Resort and Anda Divers Enjoy. Rates start at P1,200 per dive.
- Join the festivities in the yearly Dujanon Festival
- Visit other attractions in the neighboring towns such as Can-Umantad Falls, Cadapdapan Rice Terraces, Canawa Cold Spring, Candijay Mangrove Forest, Kawasihan Islet Sandbar, Danicop Jorge Brook, Kantaligsok Peak and the man-made lake called Boongon Swip all in Candijay; Kinahuran Falls, Boctol Falls, Cantuyoc Cave, Eva Cave, Luinab Rice Terraces and Can-Uba Beach of Jagna; Catugasan Peak, Ermita Ruins, Dimiao Church, Pangahog Twin Falls, Ingkumhan Falls and Dam-agan Falls in Dimiao: Niluksoan Falls in Balilihan; and more.
Quinale Beach is at its best during the shift of the tide
Sample Itinerary in Anda, Bohol
Here’s our three days and two nights hectic and adventured filled itinerary covering Antequera, Candijay, Anda, Dimiao and Jagna.
- Day 1– Cebu to Tagbilaran by fastcraft– Go to Antequera (jeep)– Visit Mag-Aso Falls, Mandahugan Cave Spring and Inambacan Cave Spring (habal-habal)– Return to Tagbilaran (bus)
– Overnight in Tagbilaran (Marcelina’s Guesthouse)
- Day 2– Travel to Candijay (van)– Visit Cadapdapan Rice Terraces and Can-Umantad Falls (habal-habal)– Travel to Anda (bus/trike)– See Anda Cave Pools
– Overnight in Quinale Beach (R&S Seaside Unit)
- Day 3– Travel to Jagna (trike/van)– Visit Kinahugan Falls (habal-habal)– Travel to Dimiao (bus)– Visit Pangahug Falls (habal-habal)– Return to Tagbilaran (bus)– Proceed to Port (trike)
– Travel to Cebu (fastcraft)
Estimated budget for the trip is P2500/person from Cebu for a group of five.
Simple pleasure in Quinale Beach
- Best time to go is during dry months (November to May)
- Metrobank has an ATM machine located in the town hall
- Some establishments accept credit card but none accepts traveler’s check
- Globe, Smart and Sun have strong mobile signal in town
- If you wish to swim in deep blue Cabagnow Cave Pool, you may rent the steel ladder owned by Mang Junior Amora (+639213729242) to get out, rate is whatever your kind heart desires