- Where Can I Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2022?
- What’s the Lineup for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade?
- Do You Need Tickets for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade?
How to Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2022
Running since 1924, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is an American fall staple. It’s an iconic tradition in the company of turkey, football and Black Friday sales. Every year, millions tune in to watch the vibrant Thanksgiving festivities. And since the celebrations were scaled back the past few years, we’re even more excited about 2022’s big comeback.
Whether you plan to watch the parade in person or stream it from the comfort of your home, here are all the details you’ll need to join in on the fun.
Where Can I Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2022?
This year, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will be held on Thursday, November 24 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. EST. But if you live outside of the Big Apple or simply don’t feel like venturing off your couch to take it in, you’re in luck. There are several ways to watch the parade via broadcast and live stream. Be sure to grab your favorite people, snacks and beverages, and put your feet up for a good time.
NBC is the official broadcaster and host, so you can watch on the network’s TV channel, website or through its app. CBS also televises the parade with its own hosts.
- DirecTV Stream, an on-demand and live-streaming platform that allows you to stream to multiple devices at once. This is a great option for anyone prepping Thanksgiving dinner—they can watch in the kitchen while others tune in from the family room.
- YouTube TV, an on-demand and live-streaming platform that offers digital DVR recordings. This is a great option for anyone who wants to watch the parade later in the day.
What’s the Lineup for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade?
There is so much to look forward to at the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, no matter who you are or what you’re into. It really does appeal to all ages and walks of life and puts a smile on so many faces nationwide. Expect to see the usual elaborate floats, larger-than-life balloons and performances. Entertainment typically includes clowns, cheerleaders, celebrities, Broadway shows and marching bands. The grand finale? Santa and his reindeer officially ushering in the holiday season.
No matter where you’re watching from, take in the deep history and interesting facts quintessential to this fun parade.
Do You Need Tickets for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade?
If you’re hoping to catch the parade in person, you don’t need tickets. Just grab your preferred place along the 2.5 mile-route well ahead of time, and you’ll be set. Much of the parade happens up in the air, so it’s hard to get a bad spot. The parade starts at 77th Street and Central Park West and ends at 34th Street and Macy’s Herald Square.
The post How to Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2022 appeared first on Taste of Home.