Mantecadas are simple yet delicious Mexican muffins. These moist and super easy to make goodies are ready in no time.
Mantecadas – delicious pan dulce
Mantecadas are always a good choice at a Mexican bakery or, better yet, at home.
The hardest decision in the world is picking ONE pan dulce from the variety at the pandaria.
They all look SO yummy behind the glass doors. Almost like they are begging to be picked and brought home.
Ingredients for Mantecadas Mexican muffins
Visit Mama Maggies Kitchen for a complete printable recipe with amounts for each ingredient and Baking Tips for my Mantecadas.
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- vegetable oil
- orange zest (optional)
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
Mixing, filling, and getting ready to bake Mantecadas pan dulce
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat eggs and add sugar.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add the milk and mix again.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil while mixing.
- Add vanilla and orange zest (if using).
- Mix again.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients a bit at a time.
- Occasionally scrape down the sides until the flour mixture is completely mixed.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake wrappers.
- Pour 3/4 of the mixture into each of the wrappers.
- Once the oven is ready, place the muffin pan inside the oven.
- Immediately lower the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
One mouthwatering Mantecada pan dulce to enjoy